There is grant money available until the end of 2020 to help your manufacturing company become more agile and part of the Industry 4.0 age. It’s a unique program available to the first 300 qualified manufacturers. There are also opportunities for manufacturing adjacent companies (e.g., distributors, installers, service and support, and light fabricators) in a related program.
Working with Automation Alley, Oakland County is funding consultations, training and equipment that can help your company change and adapt during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. Manufacturers accepted into the program will receive:
- Strategic Guidance on how to transform from legacy operations to digital manufacturing
- An Industry 4.0 Assessment outlining where your business stands today and what digital opportunities best fit your needs
- Connections and Introductions to state-of-the art vendors and applied research that can help you along your path to Industry 4.0
- A Financial Investment, including grant money to purchase Industry 4.0 and state-of-the art digital technologies like a production part capable 3D printer—valued at more than $20,000, at no cost to you—or an Augmented Reality (AR) manufacturing system
- Essential Business Designation for those manufacturers continuing to produce PPE
The COVID-19 pandemic is rapidly reshaping and accelerating the digital transformation of the manufacturing sector. The U.S. needs to be better prepared to respond to future emergencies and demand for PPE, ventilators and other related healthcare supplies and equipment. This program will position our region as an agile, digital-ready and essential source of manufactured goods in times of national crisis.
To qualify, companies must be a small or medium sized manufacturer residing in Oakland County. To apply, visit AutomationAlley.com/PPEgrant
If you are a manufacturing adjacent company, you can submit a different form on the Automation Alley site.
For an introduction to Industry 4.0, see attached document.
If you have questions on this program, please contact Automation Alley (Troy):
email@example.com | (800) 427-5100