Oakland County is dedicating $28 to $30 million from the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Fund to help small businesses negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This competitive grant program is focused on these hard-hit sectors:
- Food and Lodging
- Personal Services
- Business Services
- Entertainment and Recreation
- Construction and Maintenance Services
You are eligible to apply for this grant if your business falls within any of these sectors and due to the COVID – 19 pandemic you have experienced any of the following between March 2020 through June 2020:
- A loss of gross receipts or sales
- Operated at a reduced level of production, sales, employment or service
- Have temporarily closed all operations and are now in the process of reopening
This is a competitive grant program and applications will be reviewed and determinations on awards will be made periodically throughout, and following, the 6-week application period ending on Monday September 14, 2020.